What is Walnut Creek Restaurant Week?
Walnut Creek Restaurant Week gives local food aficionados and visitors an opportunity to enjoy a prix fixe lunch for $10/$20 and dinner for $20/$30/$40 at participating Walnut Creek restaurants.
When Is Walnut Creek Restaurant Week?
The 2nd Annual Walnut Creek Restaurant Week will run Monday, April 15 through Sunday April 21.
Why Should My Restaurant Participate?
Walnut Creek Restaurant Week is designed to showcase the stellar chefs and outstanding restaurants that make up the Walnut Creek culinary scene through a regional, comprehensive marketing effort that leverages dollars to generate awareness and enhance credibility of all things culinary in Walnut Creek – thereby increasing the number of guests dining at your establishment.
How Does a Guest Take Part in Walnut Creek Restaurant Week?
There are no passes, tickets or coupons. Instead, diners simply visit their favorite participating restaurants throughout the week to enjoy the special prix fixe menus. However, it is strongly recommended that diners make reservations in advance by contacting the participating restaurants directly.
How Does a Restaurant Participate in Walnut Creek’s Restaurant Week?
Participating restaurants complete the attached registration form; mail back the form with your participation check as soon as possible to be included on collateral, email your prix fixe “Restaurant Week” menu for the website, and then simply offer that menu during Walnut Creek Restaurant Week. You decide what your lunch and/or dinner menu will be. You can offer 2, 3 or even 4 course meals. You decide.
Is Restaurant Week a New Concept?
Restaurant Week is in its second year. Lake Tahoe Restaurant Week is in year three and features over 60 participating restaurants. Dine LA’s Restaurant Week hosted more than 100,000 guests at 140 participating restaurants during its inaugural year in 2008 (January and February). San Diego Restaurant Week is San Diego County’s largest and most successful dining event and is held annually in January. San Francisco’s Dine About Town runs two weeks twice a year and is in its 10th year. More than 25,000 people come out each June to sample dishes at the Palm Springs Desert Restaurant Week. Visitors from all over the country travel to New York City to attend their Winter Restaurant Week and take advantage of outstanding dining deals, with 3-course menus capped at just $35 per person during the event.
How Will My Restaurant Be Promoted Via Walnut Creek Restaurant Week Efforts?
- Listed on the Walnut Creek Restaurant Week website, along with your phone number (for reservations), physical address, your downloadable Walnut Creek Restaurant Week menu and direct click-thru to your website.
- Listed on the Walnut Creek Restaurant Week Check Presenter to be distributed to locals and visitors of participating restaurants, as well as through visitor bureaus, chambers of commerce, lodging properties and niche venues, i.e. farmer’s markets and foodie events.
- Included in event public relations outreach efforts, such as news releases, human interest stories and pitches to targeted media.
- Included in event social media efforts, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Inclusion in appropriate additional marketing efforts that will promote the overall event, such as advertising placement in local and regional media outlets (which includes print, broadcast and online opportunities), and e-mail blasts to visitor bureaus and chambers’ consumer and business databases, along with inclusion in their advertising, public relations and social media efforts.